Sunday, August 9, 2009

23rd December 2012

Warning: This topic may be scary or boring to some people!
So I saw this link on youtube.com a while back, and just thought about talking about it today. The link is: ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sbNxpbWlds (Not the greatest quality, but still worth watching!)
I love Egyptian things, and really want to go to Egypt. Something about all the Egyptians really interests me. I think the people who get to work on mummies, and find out if they were a God or Goddess, have such a fascinating job. I remember the first time learning about Egyptians, in grade 7. It was so much fun, my teacher made everyone in the class find an Egyptian God or Goddess and research it. I ended up choosing Isis. (Cool info:Ancient Egyptians believed that the gods guided and directed the natural forces of the mind and body, and each god or goddess was responsible for protecting a particular part of the human body. Isis was responsible for the liver.)
For the school project, we had to learn all we could about this Goddess or God. But at the end of our project, we had to dress up like the God/Goddess you chose and be them for the day. It was so much fun! There was even games, that were supposedly played back then... the games, are totally not at all like what you would think of a game now. But it is just the thought that makes it so wonderful. The teacher ended up bringing a lot of Egyptian food for us to have a huge buffet. One of the best projects I have ever done! I loved it so much.
But to get back to the point, on this video I thought it was so cool so thought I would share it will you all! :) It is all about the Egyptians (obviously) and about the pyramids. But the one part that I wanted to talk about is, at the end of the video, the part about how they figure on 23rd of December 2012, the World will end. The Mayans had made a calendar which was so exact that they predicted the Solar Eclipse over Mexico City in 1991 (1000 years after the Mayans civilization had disappeared.) Which is pretty scary, if you ask me. But who knows if it will happen? To be honest, I am not so sure if the whole world would end. But I do believe something will happen on that day, I am just not so sure what. But they sure were exact about other things, so it makes you think. I find that pretty scary, yet awesome.
They sure were smart!! That's all I can say, like they built those pyramids perfectly! Without any machines, like we have now. And to make a pyramid now, just like those, would take a lot of work, even with our machines.
I will put a survey at the right side of the blog, please vote! :)

XoXoBee

No comments:

Post a Comment